Make: Tsugami Manufacturing Co.
Model #: T-SPL
Serial #: 3610
Country of Origin: Japan
For years Tsugami Manufacturing Co. has been producing various types of precision machine tool and measuring instruments for industries the world over. Thousands of these machines and instruments now in use in many divergent industries throughout North America, Japan, Europe, Latin America, and South Asia, are evidence that the name Tsugami stands for satisfactory product performance and outstanding service to customers.
Typical of the industries in which Tsugami machines and instruments are at work night and day are the machine tool, aerospace, automotive, agricultural equipment, and instrument industries, to mention only a few. A growing number of manufacturers are learning to rely on Tsugami for the versatile precision equipment required to maintain high quality at low cost. For example Tsugami is called upon to produce various parts and components for the highly precise machinery used in the manufacture of fine watches and instruments. The name Tsugami is synonymous with quality for which there is no substitute.
- The Tsugami Precision Chucker Lathe pemits high-speed precision turning, facing, boring and automatic single-point threading operations at one chucking. The saddle-type turret arrangement features use of low-cost standard tools for most operations with no sacrifice of accuracy and finish. The convenience of being able to change speeds while work is in progress, combined with the advantage of independent variable feeds, results in maximum productivity while maintaining fine finish and accuracy.
- The dovetail hardened and precision-ground solid bed is made of special alloy steel. This design reults in maximum rigidity and wear resistance and provides fully positive, vibration-free support to headstock, carriage, and cutting tools. the result is fine finish and high accuracy.
- The alloy steel bed and headstock are mounted on a vibration-proof rubber mounting to insulate the entire installation from floow vibration, therby assuring superb finish and high accuracy. All castings are normalized and stress is relieved three times in the course of manufacture.
- The 8-station turret head is supported on preloaded antifriction ball bearings on the cross-slide saddle, a design that permits high reliability and rigidity. The T-slots of the turret station accommodate tool holders for low- cost standard cutting tools that can be quickly and easily setup for most production operations. Fine adjustment is provided for precision seting of each turret station.
- Precision lead screws, rack-and-pinion and clear dial indications permit highly accurate, repeatable settings, a convenience for the operator which helps speed up production. A rotary-type stopper is standard equipment for axial travel; for greater accuracy.
- The direct follower system to the master lead screw prevents movement a errors to other types of threading systems. The 1:1 follower in the spindle plane operates through a rigid shaft; the threading operation can be disengage automatically. The operatoin is engaged manually.
- Threading is easy with this precision lead screw, even when threading to a shoulder or into a blind hole without threading relief. Thread length control is automatic; no threading dial is necessary. The lead screw, which is engaged at the start of the thread, remains engaged until completion of thread. Positive stops accurately control automatic stopping of the carriage for either left- or right-hand thread at startig and finishing positions.
- For maximum rigidity and sustained accuracy, the super-precision preloaded ball-bearing spindle nose is mounted directly on the one-piece, totally enclosed headstock housing. No sleeves and adapters are required, because the collet is seated directly in the hardened, precision ground spindle.
- No tools are necessary for collet chucking. Positive collet gripping is accomplished quickly and easily and tension is instantly adjustable from very light to very firm with lever action. The collet is opened or closed with a single movement.
- The main drive is mounted on a vibration-free mounting so that accuracy of owrk will be unaffected by operation of the motor. Above the main drive is a device for quickly and easily tightening the drive belt.
Swing Over Bed: 13-/4″
Maximum Distance Between Spindle Nose to Turret Face: 13″
Spindle Capacity (round collets): 3/16″ to 1-1/16″
Spindle Capacity (hex collets): 3/16″ to 7/8″
Spindle Capacity (square collets): 3/16″ to 7/8″
Spindle Capacity (step chucks): 2″ to 6″
Spindle Capacity (jaw chucks): 6″
Nose: 2-3/16″ – 10 TPI
Speeds (infinitely variable): 125 to 3,000 RPM
Motor: 0.87 / 1.5 Horsepower, 200 / 220 Volts
Longitudinal Travel: 13″
Longitudinal Feedrate: 10 in/min
Cross Travel: 4-23/32″
Cross Feedrate: 5 in/min
Number of Stations on Turret: 8
T-Slot Widths: 3/8″
Electrical: 220 Volt, Three Phase
Overall Dimensions: 67″ x 30″ x 67″ tall
USED Tsugami Chucking Lathe Model T SPL and Comes as shown in pictures.
GUARANTEE: If any machine guaranteed by us does not prove satisfactory mechanically, the Purchaser may return it freight prepaid within 14 days from date of shipment and we will refund the purchase price in full. This does not apply to machine sold “as is” or “subject to inspection”. This guarantee applies only to machines which we own. The machine must be returned in the same condition that it left our warehouse. MachineStation shall not be responsible for any damage done by truckers, riggers, or other parties. Machine damaged in shipping are not covered under the return privilege.
WARRANTY: Seller makes no warranties of any kind whatever, expressed, or implied. All specifications and descriptions of said goods are approximate, not binding and meant only as a guide. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to inspect the goods and ascertain if the specifications, description and condition of the goods confirm to the Buyer’s requirement.
MACHINE USE AND SAFETY: Buyer acknowledges that the goods described herein are pre-owned used goods which were neither designed or manufactured by the Seller, nor has the Seller knowledge of, or control over, the prior use or misuse of said goods: nor does the Seller have knowledge or control over the application of these goods by the Buyer. It is the Buyer’s (user’s), responsibility to provide proper safety devices, equipment and instructions for any particular use, and to take all necessary steps to confirm to all Federal, State or Local Government Safety Standards and including OSHA.
BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SCHEDULING TRANSPORTATION OF THIS MACHINE, AS WELL AS ALL COST TO MOVE IT. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH SCHEDULING, PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU. WE SHIP GLOBALLY.